‘Sycret Cloud’ and ‘Sycret Text’ – Protection for Your Personal Photos, Videos and SMS so they can’t be hacked and you won’t see them broadcast on the Internet
- Taipei, Taiwan, April 20th, 2015 – Today KINGMAX Semiconductor Inc. (KINGMAX®) and GOTrust Technology Inc. (GO-Trust®) announced a multi-national distribution agreement for two unique Mobile phone security applications developed by GO-Trust. Sycret Cloud allows Android smart phone users to select and encrypt any photo, video, or file on their phone and store it in the memory of the Sycret Cloud microSD card or in the Cloud storage of selected sites such as Dropbox or Google Drive. In addition to the features of Sycret Cloud, Sycret Text also allows Android smart phone users to exchange encrypted SMS text messages with other Sycret Text users. Sycret Cloud and Sycret Text each consist of two components; the Sycret microSD card (with an embedded 32 bit encryption engine and 4, 8 or 16 MB of user flash memory) and the Sycret APP (an Android APP downloadable from the Google Play Store).
- The security applications are unique because they both use encryption hardware, not software, to protect the encryption activity and key storage. Also the encryption hardware microSD, the protected keys and the encrypted files can be transferred from one smart phone to another simply by moving the secure microSD. There is no need to decrypt, save and re-encrypt files to move them to a new phone when you upgrade.
- “We are very excited about being a major distributor for Sycret Cloud and Text”, commented Joe Liu, CEO of KINGMAX. “Until today when you stored files from your phone in the cloud they could be compromised without your knowledge, and the first you know is when you see them published on the Internet. Now with our Sycret products you can be confident that your encrypted files are safe from cloud and phone hacking and even phone theft.”
- Sycret Cloud and Sycret Text have multiple language options and are immediately available. Both are sold for a onetime charge that includes the microSD and APP license. The cost is compatible with what a USB smart card dongle would cost, but it is much less intrusive and includes the microSD user memory.
For more information please visit the Sycret website, www.kingmax.com
- GOTrust Technology Inc. (GO-Trust®) is the innovator of the secure microSD and the first company to deliver mobile credit cards, mobile banking authentication, voice & text encryption and FIDO login using the microSD form factor. GO-Trust® continues its world-leading secure microSD innovation with the most powerful, fastest and smartest microSD embedded chips and the most sophisticated supporting applications. The company’s latest products include the SYCRET VOICE, using military strength (FIPS) hardware encryption for voice, message, file sharing, cloud storage and UnionPay certified HCE microSD for NFC mobile payment. GO-Trust® has fourteen international patents for secure microSD products and serves as an active member of the FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance. Visit GO-Trust at www.go-trust.com.
- KINGMAX Semiconductor Inc. (KINGMAX®), a global memory technology leader, has long been committed to the innovation of the best memory module solutions. Since its establishment in 1989, KINGMAX has set its sights on becoming the leader in professional computer memory manufacturing. Led by founder Liu Fu-Chou, KINGMAX is vertical integration and committed to providing the best memory solutions to the memory module and memory card industry, coupled with visionary product strategies, leading technologies, unparalleled customer service and professional operations management.
Visit KINGMAX at www.kingmax.com
Note to Editors:
- On August 31, 2014, a collection of approximately 500 private pictures of various celebrities, mostly women, and with many containing nudity, were hacked from cloud services and posted on the imageboard 4chan, and later disseminated by other users on websites and social networks such as Imgur, Reddit and Tumblr. Without the strong encryption of Sycret Cloud and Sycret Text this could happen again.